I was a big fan of Mapquest until one day I switched to Google Maps. I know the Street View is controversial, but I love it. Love. For example, I like checking out what's around my hotel before I go on a trip. I found a good veg restaurant this way before I went to Austin this winter. And for this conference, the planners made a map of recommended restaurants - so handy instead of having a list of addresses. Now I just need a mobile device so I can check these out on the go.
I tried out Community Walk but was frustrated that the "path" feature didn't seem to follow the streets. I expected it to work like Gmaps Pedometer, which I use to map out running routes around town. Here's the map of the 10K I'm running in May. I also like that it has the OpenStreetMap overlay. The inclusion of this feature or not probably hasn't affected me, but any open feature anywhere makes me happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment