Sunday, April 10, 2011

All your photo are belong to us

I haven't spent a lot of time exploring Flickr. I have put up albums of travel pics, but I kept them private and invited friends and family to look at them. I love this because we all know the traveler is more excited about the photos than the viewers and this way they can decide to look at the pictures or not. I'm pretty paranoid about preserving my photos and have been using a backup drive (but only recently!) and still do have some photos developed.

It's pretty easy to search Flickr, but I guess success depends on how descriptive the title and tags are. I like some of the advanced search features like limiting to Creative Commons-licensed content.

One thing I've pretty much never done is photo editing. I used Picasa to fiddle with a few travel pics last year, but that's about it. I like the idea of photo editing as art - these hacks sound fun - but I kind of like photos that aren't perfect and aren't enhanced.

Here's a photo of a sculpture in London for anyone who feels they've lost their way.

Traffic Light Tree
By William Warby
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wwarby/2460655511/

No comments:

Post a Comment