Sunday, May 1, 2011

The cataloguer

At one point I thought I would enjoy cataloguing my books using LibraryThing, but when I dug up my old LibraryThing account I found only one book there - Oryx and Crake. A couple of thoughts about this. First, I don't really collect books so my "library" is just a couple of shelves worth that doesn't need a sophisticated system. Second, I don't feel the need to get social in this area of my life. I use BookTracker in FB to keep track of what I read - sometimes people comment but mostly they don't. I guess I would like to see what my friends are reading, but they don't seem to want to share this information online.

I really like Wordle - and it looks like I'm not alone. I had used the OCLC Tag Cloud Builder for a project a couple of years ago, but it is b-o-r-i-n-g compare to Wordle.


No comments:

Post a Comment