Monday, March 14, 2011

Timeshifting

I did some digging around and discovered that I bought my ipod nano in 2007 - it's the one they called the "fatty". First of all, I can't believe it is still working because I thought these gizmos were made to break. Second, this little thing changed my life. It's like how the Walkman I got for my Grade 8 graduation changed my life - what do you mean take it anywhere? listen to my own music in the car? Like, I mean like, awesome! And then there was the VCR, which meant I could watch TV whenever I wanted, not just when the TV people wanted me to.

Which brings me to podcasts - now I can take my favourite radio shows and listen to them anywhere and whenever I want. Neat-o-rama. I am particularly fond of Q, though I dabble in a TED talk once in a while, maybe check out some Spark. I also did a series of Italian language lessons before a trip a couple of years ago and I guess I've got a bunch of music on it too.

I think it's funny/disconcerting that podcasts are called "pod"casts and not audiocasts seeing as the video versions are called videocasts.  Wait, maybe they're not - I see that I can subscribe to Q: The Video Podcast. I guess it's all about Apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment